Saturday, May 1, 2010

Something to read along with your breakfast tea ;-)

Ok well i know some of you have told me you are waiting for my blog every day so i dont want to disappoint and i know you'll be desparate to know how the pampering went.

All i can say is hats off to people that unfortunately have to use catheters all the time, I've only had it for a day (outside of hospital where i never moved anyway) and I have become pee obsessed, off i trot emptying it every two minutes there is something quite unnerving about carrying pee around outside your body and i'm completely paranoid its going to leak so must have emptied it a 100 times last night, surely i cant pee that much. I had a little afternoon snooze, (too much general and a bit of work and couldnt keep my eyes open) woke up and thought better empty my bag as needed to pop out and get some money, betty only took me to the garage and as i got out of the car the thing was completely full again! Brings new meaning to the saying water on the knee. Honestly i thought the thing was going to burst or i'd have to hop out and pee at the side of the road but that really would have scared people.

Anyway enough of pee, back to pampering, 8 lovely girlies and a lot of pampering, lovely idea, thoroughly enjoyed it even if i wasnt my usual bouncy self. I did have a couple of glasses of champers too which was nice. We worked our way nicely through 9 bottles or more so someone was enjoying themselves anyway. I know everyone was worried about me and if i'd survive the evening but i did and i'm really glad i did it, brought a little piece of normality to my somewhat crazy life right now.

How do i feel right now well gotta admit i have certainly felt better, not sure bloating from champers is what i needed on top of everything else and can now feel the pain from my tummy properly and its mighty sore. Good thing is i get to boss hubby around so hopefully he is off making a cup of tea and sorting connor out but you never can say for sure with him.

We're in different rooms now, its really odd, in some ways it was a relief as i would have been worried all night about being knocked and so far have hidden the catheter (and tummy) from connor who looked shocked when he just saw my neck let alone anything else but it feels sad too not being with my boys. Lovely betty has moved out of her room upstairs for me, I'm just really lucky i have ensuites and stuff it must be so tough for a lot of people and thats what i'm trying to think about today, i have the best healthcare money can buy, i havent had to share a room in hospital, i have amazing friends and a hubby and his family that love me, i work for the bestest company in the world and have a beautiful home to recouperate in, what more could i ask for. Not to have the goddamn shit thing if i'm honest but there you go, no use crying over spilt milk is it.

All the things i am used to doing at the weekend have gone out of the window so not really sure what the day ahead holds hopefully some peace and quiet (connor and phil having a little tiff downstairs as per usual so better go and butt in!)

See you later peeps, you never know if i'm bored you might get two posts today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment