Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chemo with Champagne Chaser!!!!

Exactly, not a great combination is it but i thought my little cancer mate was feeling a bit down after his dose of poison all week so i thought i'd give him a whole load of alcohol to give him an even worse headache! Dont know about him but i've certainly got one and just had to do a mega clean up took me blooming hours, and i was trying to do connor's homework with him at the same time. It's true I am superwoman really. I need a little weekend cleaning fairy I think. Betty you are amazing doing that all week and she did an awesome job yesterday helping us preparing for the grand gazebo opening event. She is an absolute diamond. In fact shes such a love we are going to take her on holiday again with us when this is all over, Italy this time to see our rather cool friends, natalie and maurizio ;-)

How excited was i yesterday to get rid of my chemo line, it felt amazing even though i still have the stupid portacath in my chest I dont care and no radiotherapy cos its the weekend so I almost felt like my old self yesterday. I even chatted through my granny nap instead of zzzzzzzzzzz'ing.

So the gazebo opening was truly a success, i think i can safely say, lovely to see a few old and new friends, a few sore heads and eyes if phils are anything to go by. Goodness knows what time we went to bed but it was LATE. Phil only got up at 12.30pm lazy tike but got him to take connor to football tournament for 3 hours as penance (tee hee he just got there and has rung me moaning so he obviously didnt realise) which means now i have done all the cleaning I can have a little lie down, maybe a bit of internet shopping even ;-0

Just listening to my voicemail and my beautiful Natalie has made me smile, someone said to her "Cameron has won" and she said "who the tennis player", is there even a tennis player called Cameron, loving the blondness even if she isnt actually blonde! Sorry for publicly embarassing you Natalie but it was too good not to share. I wont tell them about the buttons well at least not in todays blog ;-)

Oh yes and by the way if the person that sent me the Jo Malone candle is reading this can you own up, i totally totally love it but ive only gone and thanked the wrong person for it, there didnt appear to be anything on the box saying who it was from (and now of course i've chucked it) but a friend had told me they were sending me something to use with my new hot tub (which we havent ordered yet but boy do i want to) at the same time as it arrived so i just put two and two together and made six hundred! I am so so sorry to whomever did send it because it's truly beautiful, great pressy for me and you must think me so ungrateful because i havent even thanked you.........

More friends coming over for BBQ in the rain later which will be nice, the gazebo is so cool you dont even know or care its raining. Sure Phil will be looking forward to more cooking in the rain.

All in all pretty positive I think, I've hardly had to mention the Big "C" in this blog or the stupid things that come with it, moments of normality are so so precious right now ;-)

See you all later, have a good Sunday.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment