Sunday, May 9, 2010

Down to earth with a bump!

All was going so well since my last blog, went to have a little rest, didnt have a sleep but got excitedly busy planning my post treatment treat with my closest friends ;-0

Lovely Nick and Annabelle and the girls were coming round for dinner so jumped in the shower and when i came out thought i would take the plaster off my chest where they removed the line yesterday, OMG how big a scar?!? I was just so taken aback i thought it would be tiny like all the others but its not, I know its not that bad but I feel so ugly with all these wounds on me. Tried to get my act together, came downstairs and completely lost it (sorry Nick and Annabelle), i know its stupid, vain, irrational and everything, i guess it was just the shock.

Pulled myself together and we had a lovely dinner and then just as was bathing and putting connor to bed oh my goodness, like i needed the toilet fast. I cant face talking about poo having discussed my wee in soo much detail so lets just say i needed some immodium. I am also getting quite sore, like they said radiotherapy keeps on working even when you arent having it, deep joy.

20% through, climbed some mountains but know everest is ahead so need to recharge tomorrow me thinketh. Oh no St Luke again I am dreading it already.

Consolation: My beautiful boy telling me how much he loves me and holding my hand while he went to sleep. He's switched on more than we realise, he asked me about the treatment this week, what it is what its going to be like, i said it was like burning and he said that will make you really tired, I said exactly and he said thats good mummy you can sleep with me at night, sooooo cute so you see always a silver lining as they say.

Night all.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment