Tuesday, May 4, 2010

1st Day Down!

Hi all,

I'm sure you are all dying to know how the first day went. Had a bad nights sleep panicking about being attached to chemo until saturday but really happy not to have the catheter ;-)

My oncology guy is a sweet gay guy who made it very painless for me dearie. Had first chemo fed through then the 24x7 hooked up, thats the one i get to take away in my massive skiing bum bag!

Lots of waiting around between them and radiotherapy, talked to a nice lady of 75 who's still fighting and has been hhaving various chemos for 4 years, longest ever! over 100k on insurance already, bet they love her! She owned race horses, i mean famous ones, one was running today "take my hand", kieran fallon on its back, well of course i think it must be an omen, given she was riddled with cancer probably should have realised it was a bad one! favourite and came nowhere, dont think hubby was too impressed with my top tip........

Talking about hubby can you believe he had the same doctor as me at his bupa health check today. He hugged her, I'm sure much to her consternation and blubbed bless him. That is just so spooky. I think comforting for him. Anyway he's got high blood pressure and cholesterol so no more choccy for him!

Radiotherapy well it really takes about 9 mins to set you up and one minute of treatment, its unbelievable that something could do so much damage in such a short period of time. It was truly uneventful apart from pain of lying on tummy and my chemo line.

I feel really nauseous tonight, i guess thats first side effect kicking in, they gave me anti sickness but its not helping much, yuk, dont want to deal with this, think maybe ate too much in one go , going to take some adjusting. Worried about ripping out chest line to chemo in my sleep so different intrusion to catheter but still hooked up just the same, i'll let you know how that goes.

Connor total cutie tonight, asked to see my wound, we talked about the "ouch" and showed him the "medicine", he was so lovely, been talking to his teacher so hopefully he is coping ok, seems to be thanks to everyone around us hes seeing loads of his mates which he loves!

Thank you brian and josie and paul and caroline for the lovely cards you may have sent them before but forgot to open the post box at the weekend.....

Good night, god just sneezed that really really hurt, mustn't do that again.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment