Friday, April 30, 2010

Have you missed me?

Friday 30th April

What happened I hear you ask, well I just decided hospital was such a lovely place and i enjoy operations so much that i'd have an extra op and stay an extra day!

What really happened is that after my first operation to move my ovaries (yes finally convinced bupa they were worth saving) some stupid nurse did not listen to me when i said i really needed to go to the toilet but was having trouble doing so, to the point i had over 1.5 litres of fluid in my bladder which was squishing my newly positioned ovaries and so i was in agony! Thanks to that stupid nurse bupa have had to pay for another surgery and i now have to have a catheter for a few days to give my bladder a rest as its been stretched. Quite a cool party trick though, i can literally pee at the turn of a tap.

I definitely do look like a stab victim now, two chest wounds (one with a rather large bulge) and four stomach ones, i also look like a pot bellied pig where my tummy is so bloated. The catheter, thats down strapped to my leg all in all a rather beautiful sight, not but to be honest i'm so glad that bits over that i'm not really worried.

I couldnt bring myself to cancel the girly pamper party i had planned for tonight although goodness only knows what bit of me they can pamper now. I'm really excited about having everyone round but dont want to scare people or fall asleep at 7.10pm on the sofa but i guess it may happen so apologies girlies now. I may risk a glass of champers though and watch it come out the other end, how bizarre. Thanks hubby he went and got that for me today and i'm wearing one of my new trackies. Lucky me hubby is being truly awesome, cant wait for the chocolate cake to emerge from the kitchen, not sure betty is so keen though she thinks there is going to be an awful lot of mess.

Hope i dont scare connor too much when he comes home from school but so looking forward to seeing him.

So what happens now, catheter until monday and then chemo and radiotherapy start tuesday. 8am start at the hospital. Supposed to look at hot tubs at the weekend I'll let you know if we make it!

Tutty bye for now i need to go do some work.
T

2 comments:

  1. Well baby....just relax and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure we missed you (and your man). Heard a rumour that the stock price could go higher on analyst speculation that the booze bill for partner summit could be significantly lower this year.... go figure :-) Be lucky, be happy xxx

    ReplyDelete