Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Two for the price of One!

Yes sorry peeps, had a rather horrendous day yesterday so just been enjoying a bit of peace, quiet and sun today before I got round to my double blog ;-)

So lets go back to the beginning of yesterday shall we, I needed to go pick up some more of the miracle flamazine cream but my arm had really been bothering me all weekend and antibiotics were due to run out so I was a bit concerned and thought I'd better just ask about it. So began 4 hours of waiting for people, ultrasound, results, more people and some antibiotics, so with the travelling there and back it was a straight 5 hours. That was pretty much the whole day given I'd already spent about 3 hours on forecast calls before that. What a pain! What did I get for my troubles, more bloomin' antibiotics. Trouble was I had a suspected blood clot so they needed to take it seriously, diagnosed as local flambosis in the end. Typical it would be on a day when my lovely friends from Italy were dropping by to see me, anyway it was lovely to see them after the drama of my day, not knowing whether I would be readmitted to hospital or not, so we had some yummy food and watched "The Hangover" with Italian subtitles, god that film is so funny, my bad day was nothing compared to theirs! I think Nana might have had one glass to many bless her she sort of fell out of the door up to bed. She left today which we are really sad about, its been lovely just to have her company and I know Betty will miss her as Nana kept doing her ironing! So very very quiet here today after everyone had left. Did some phone calls and kept going out to annoy the guys doing the patio :-)

Can you believe how much I have improved, I actually managed to walk down and collect Connor from school today, bit sore and tired (or is that the big dinner I just ate) now but that felt like a big achievement. The body is so amazing at repairing itself I must say.

You know with all this excitement I nearly forgot my poor back, its been pretty sore the last few days (probably due to lots of sitting around on bottom!) but realised I have my 6 monthly x ray and review with my back consultant tomorrow and then the lovely Dr Essapen on Thursday, more blood tests etc still never ending frankly. Ovary Doctor next week (I like him best his scars are the smallest/neatest ones ;-) Roll on the week when I dont have to go to some hospital or other, at least its Basingstoke tomorrow for a change. Betty will be pleased when my car finally turns up and I can get myself around on my own I'm sure. Only another couple of weeks to wait.

I guess now if I'm honest I'm just playing a waiting and healing game until I am well enough to have a biopsy and hopefully get the all clear. I allowed myself to think a couple of what ifs a couple of nights ago and shed some tears on poor hubby but like he said nothing could survive the battering they have given me so the horrid thing must have gone. Well here's hoping but really really looking forward to having it actually confirmed.

Thats about it for today, I know this is a cancer blog but I'll let you know what the back consultant says tomorrow, I'm feeling like I need some osteo/physio at the moment but otherwise it's pretty good all in all. Still going to tell him its his fault I got cancer. He is a right character Mr Quaile so I'm sure he will make some witty quip.

Night I'm off to put Connor to bed and I suspect have a few sneaky Zzzzz's myself so hope you are all enjoying the beautiful sunny evening.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment