Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hospital tales

Hi Bloggers,

How did it get to night time already I'm sitting here cheering myself up by watching crimewatch, probably not the most sensible programme to be watching but hey I never was that sensible. Amazing how time can pass so quickly when you are busy doing nothing except being poked and prodded (and visited by lovely people of course), and trust me I've definitely had my fair share of that the last couple of days!

I guess I should be glad that I survived the cancer treatment before all of this kicked off, I cant imagine how I would feel if it had happened in the middle and I had to go back to radiotherapy next week, I'm getting palpatations just thinking about it. From other blogs I've read it does seem that hospitalisation is quite common, I just cant believe they cant treat anal cancer in any better way than burning you so badly you end up in hospital, in 10 years we will be looking back no doubt and saying how archaic it is.

So no doubt you want to know what on earth has been going on, not exactly a laugh a minute here so not too many funny stories, just lots of those mean nurses. One young girl that does needles said I looked scared this morning when I saw her, she's not wrong there. I had to have my canula re-sited as I managed to get the other one infected and it was really hurting me. Every day needles and more blooming needles. Today I got a present from Count Dracula, a pint of blood, lovely, bit odd watching that go into me although it seems to have helped my blood pressure slightly. Low point was today 80/50 odd, oops a bit low even for me.

Charlie turned up with half a supermarket worth of food today (thanks hun), so been scoffing chocolates and biccies all day, beats hospital food and the boys were certainly enjoying it this evening ;-) Quite a lot of visitors today, just as well my jaw keeps wagging eh.

Dr Essapen comes to see me every day, I told her I was going to pelt her with grapes yesterday, she asked me if I had stuck pins in an effigy of her today, I think she's feeling my pain, well she will be when I stick a few more pins in the groin area! Yesterday I started getting some relief from the antibiotics and a very exciting cream called "Flamazine", someone has got a sense of humour, a burns cream called flamazine! You have never felt or seen soreness like this, even one of the nurses who used to work on a burns unit said she'd never seen anything like it, i guess its the area and the infection that made it look worse. Big Yuk. Before I got the miracle cream I did look particularly stylish with my dvt stockings, fishnet pants, mega nappy and a blue smurf hand filled with ice stuffed down it, only thing that gave me any relief. Looked hysterical, the nurses and I laughed about that one, It would have made a very funny photo but you will be glad to hear I didnt take one.

Looks like I will go home finally on Friday morning (ish). They have made Dr Lopez travel to me on Thursday to take out this darned portacath, very excited about that, to go home without any of my cancer paraphenalia just a few pesky burns will be awesome but really home, hubby and son sick.

Well time for big brother in a minute (yes still watching it sadly) so I will sign off for tonight.

Thanks everyone for caring.

T
x

No comments:

Post a Comment