Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sleeping Sickness?

Dunno what is up with me bloggers, I've been pretty much asleep since I got home today at around 12pm! Shocking headache and generally feeling pants, think its too much morphine, but maybe its not enough, oh god what to do, maybe some chocolate will make me feel better, yep definitely, just sent hubby off on an errand to get some ;-)

In general very exciting day today though, Dr Essapen still says I'm doing well, even though I am red raw at the front, apparently its new skin so thats a good thing and hopefully in a few days that will be feeling a little bit better. You never know I might be able to walk again soon, although having hubby pushing me around in a wheelchair has its attractions, he was trying to do wheelies in the rain with me in it today, cheeky monkey. Got some slow release morphine to go with the other stuff today so I'm all morphine'd up. Most excitingly she said I should be able to get rid of the portacath next week, I am so so pleased about that. Waiting for the appointment but will probably be chasing that one tomorrow. They struggled to get my blood again today, as per usual but eventually I obliged and the good news is I'm ok, all the red meat must have helped and the injection yesterday is helping with the white blood cells.

I had some more lovely reflexology and a good old natter, the lady is lovely. Phil has been touting my blog out to nurses at the Nuffield so if any of them read this, if I've ever said you are enjoying inflicting pain on me..... its all true ;-) No only joking it just makes it more fun to imply that you do so please dont think badly of me. If you have any other patients that want to read my blog I'm really happy to share, i definitely want to do something to give something back to other sufferers after this is over and the very least I can do is to share my experiences. People are starting to say goodbye to me now as they may not see me again, wow that just feels amazing, strange but definitely amazing.

Just about managed to stay awake long enough for a little visit from Annabelle with more housey magazines, if I only had the money for all the things I want out of them, given me lots of cool ideas though, cant wait for the new slate patio with pergola and hot tub!

Promised myself to catch up on email and get the garden table and chairs on ebay today but failed miserably, hopefully I'll feel up to it in the morning, if I dont I'll stop getting email soon as my inbox is full up, oops!

Night for now, of course I'm feeling quite awake when I should be going to sleep, reminds me of being in hospital when i was always awake at night and asleep in the day.

See you tomorrow. 1 Day, 13 Hours and 21 Mins to go, only two more treatments, two more sleeps and hopefully no more poos! ;-)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment