Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Terrific Tuesday!!!!

Hi Bloggers,

Are you missing me, sorry not to be writing every day but it feels a bit indulgent to write a blog now something isnt happening every day, well obviously something is but not always something terribly interesting to write about!

Yesterday was just an amazing day, personal shopping is the way forward, no sore feet, no hot and bothered persona, no feeling exhausted and no feeling like you really need to stop for a glass of champagne. It was on tap, tee hee. I was truly truly spoilt by lovely hubby and if anyone is reading this that has cancer and can't afford quite such a luxurious treat just go have your hair, nails done or go buy a tshirt or two, even that will really lifts your spirits, honest I've done those things too so can speak with some authority on the subject ;-) Had to laugh, we left our stuff there to be packed up while we went to have a little looksey and hubby asked when was best time to come back, meaning when was best time to come back and pick up what we had just bought to which the personal shopper replies "in a couple of weeks when all the new collections are in!". At that point Phil's credit card was trembling in his pocket, I dont think it will be coming back out for a while ;-) Got some gorgeous stuff though and feeling confident about looking nice next week at Dave and Nina's wedding, especially as my dress covers my nice new "hairy" scar (yep stitch still hasnt come out yet). You know everyone says they cant see it but of course they can, they are just being polite, what they really mean is it doesnt bother them and its not that bad but of course to you its right there, bit like having a great big spot on the end of your nose!

I am feeling really really upbeat and spent pretty much all day monday working and have quite a lot coming up that means being back in the office quite a bit as of tomorrow, so its kind of back to normal I guess on the work front. I have really mixed feelings about that (I've heard this is quite common) which probably sounds strange but whilst its great to feel back to normal and whilst people keep saying how well i look I've kind of lost the security blanket of hospitals, consultants and actually doing something about the cancer. Now I'm nearly back to what I was before I started treatment (apart from no.2's, still bleeding and still painful but assuming that will subside) but my physical health is much worse (cant see me being able to run around a lake right now!) and I dont actually know if the cancer has gone so potentially I could be just the same as I was when I was diagnosed without the physical health if that makes sense. Anyway not something to dwell on but just shows how you can be up and down with these things and how the mind plays tricks with you.

On to more exciting things, the mini has arrived! not with me but its at the garage awaiting final bits to be done, I am currently on hold with beautiful music playing to be put through to the indian call centre that elephant.co.uk insurance company have so I can get the motor insurance note sent in a proper pdf (wrong first time) so that mini can register the car! By the way it takes two hours and £7.50 every time you need them to send an email (although I told them to stick it to be honest after the first time). Hold on I'm missing a trick if I (and probably the rest of you) charged that much per email I would be a millionaire by next week!, Who says women cant multitask, writing this, on the phone and watching tennis... getting quite exciting now, I may get car tomorrow night after I've had my ovaries prodded (only joking that would be hard to do without more keyhole).

Osteo tonight, can you get excited about Osteo, you can when your blooming back is hurting like mine, hopefully that will help me get more mobile. I'm thinking some exercise next week as everything is getting a little loose, you know what I mean ladies, bingo wings instead of biceps, not a cool look! Well excited about the bootcamp idea, especially now my friend Michelle is up for it too. Praying she can make it and then I can book. It feels like getting fit is my next way to keep the fight up against cancer. I just have to be doing something otherwise I'd go mad, not that I wasnt fit(ish) before you understand but it feels important right now to get back to fit if not more fit than before, I guess it makes you feel stronger and more equipped to fight the cancer or anything else for that matter.

Thats about it for today, I will touch base soon, let you know how the new car and groove at the grove goes. Oh yes and Mums night out tonight and the year 3 teachers are going, I'm thinking ply them with drinks and get the goss on Mr Graham, now that does sound good content for a blog!

Take care
T

2 comments: