Thursday, June 3, 2010

Morphine shot anyone?

Sorry for lack of blog last night just was absolutely exhausted and fell asleep. Progressed to shots of morphine now, oh my god there is an opportunity there, couldnt they do flavoured versions like vodka or something, it is absolutely foul, not that I've ever tasted lighter fuel but I'm sure thats what it tastes like. Hideous, actually all drinks taste hideous, chemo is giving me that lovely metallic taste so now having to add elderflower cordial to my water to make it palatable. Yum Yum.

I think I might actually have split now, I dont actually want to look, my skin looks like elephant hide and the colour isnt dissimilar either but it just feels like i have. OUCH is all I can say on the matter, and apparently I'm doing well! crikey I just cant imagine it being any worse. I walk like a bandy cowboy now, in fact I cant really walk at all, I keep waiting to turn a corner and stop getting worse on the front bit but hasnt happened yet.

Only 7 (make that 6 as just got back from another one and have carried on writing my blog)more treatments though, cant wait until tomorrow when i can say next friday i dont have to go!

Had to advertise for a chauffeur for today, bad planning in the household and no one could take me, charming, thank goodness for lovely friends coming to the rescue, poor Jo got the job. Its been so nice having lots of people taking me, made it slightly less of a chore.

I joked with the radiographers, tell them they are so mean to me, I just cant stand being serious in that miserable place. She reminded me today that it carries on working after I finish next Thursday, does she think I've forgotten, as if! Thanks for reminding me love. She pushed the wax in extra hard or maybe its just cos it hurts so much ;-) anyway i thought that was to protect me, actually its to make sure the radiotherapy goes right into the skin so in effect makes it worse, mass torture me thinketh. They are all in on it.

Not much else to report sitting in bed looking at the glorious day outside but chemo is half way through and feel a lot less sick than last time, I think it must have been the other chemo they gave me the first time that made me feel particularly bad.

6 Days, 30 Hours and 37 Mins left, yee haa, less than a week.

x

1 comment:

  1. You are being so brilliantly brave and we are thinking of you loads and loads and send lots of positive thoughts from Morzine. Love to you all and have a relaxed weekend

    Francesca and Paul xx

    ReplyDelete