Sunday, July 18, 2010

Post Holiday Blues!

Hi all,

as you probably can tell I tried very unsuccessfully to post a blog from my mobile whilst on holiday but failed miserably! Yep just got back yesterday morning, we should have got back the night before but due to some miserable sods there was trouble in airspace paradise and so we got majorly delayed getting home so the whole weekend has passed in a washing/tidying up frenzy.

We all had a lovely time in Italy, the mozzies loved Phil particularly he was bitten all over, we loved the heat but only during the day, it was awful when we were trying to sleep at night but it was lovely to see Natalie and Maurizio and the family. Betty gave us some more bettyisms (leopards losing their stripes was one comment I seem to remember) and she burnt her derriere on the last day, tried to tell her but she wasnt listening, her new nickname is Baboon Bottom, need I say more. And surprise surprise I came home with a few extra pairs of shoes, Nat and I just couldnt resist a bit of retail therapy now could we.

The day before we left was David and Nina's wedding, a truly lovely day, I loved it and my new outfit although I had a major blub at some of the words that were said by the vicar, just a bit emotional these days ;-0 Lots of love and happiness to them for their future life.

How am I on the health front I hear you ask, well still suffering from the radiotherapy effect, sometimes I really do worry that I shall make it to the bathroom in time, its concerning me and there are other problems too, bit too personal for this blog but suffice to say hot sun and swimming pools didnt help much, I hope they sort themselves out soon but will try and speak to oncologist about them I think. My chest wound wont heal either which is really really annoying but got a message to book my ct scan so that is next thing to do tomorrow.

Two weeks to go until year end now so bit of a busy time ahead. Connor is going to do a dinghy course next week and then off to Slovakia for a week, hard life for some. What have I got to look forward to, a hot tub thats what and a lot of trying to get fit again. Personal trainer tomorrow night, hoping the new hot tub will be up and running (gets delivered tomorrow afternoon) and hot so I can get in afterwards.

Goodnight!

T

2 comments: