Monday, July 19, 2010

The Hot tub has landed, but........

By this point I should be raving about the amazing hot tub experience, after my first exercise session in months, how I soaked my sore muscles in amazing hot bubbles, drinking a glass of champagne and enjoying the stars. Well you can stop the image right there because although the lights are very pretty and the jets look amazing its absolutely blooming freezing, the heater does not appear to be functional. I want to use a lot of swear words right now and Wrighty, well he is hopping mad! Boo Hiss....Major bummer, excuse the pun.

Anyway guess what, first thing this morning more exercise, Day no. 2 of 10! yes not one to do things by halves I have my personal trainer last or first thing every day for these next two weeks. Only way to get back up to speed fast and as you can tell in certain ways I cant slow down, wish I could but I just cant, instant results is what we like to see ;-)

I was in the office yesterday bumping into more people I hadnt seen for a while, one of them was someone whose wife is just starting this awful journey, my heart really really goes out to them. He said my blog really helped them so if you are reading this be strong both of you and it will be OK! It wont seem like it sometimes but I do believe with a positive attitude and your friends and family around you it will be ok in the end, and it brings you closer to the special people in your life. And in my case has calmed me down, I just cant be bothered to get stressed about some of the things that used to really bother or irritate me, apart from my hot tub not working! Hmmm, maybe I havent changed at all.

Back to my own personal health, called to get my scan booked yesterday and gosh they are pretty fast, its at 530pm today, yukky CT one with the dye. Why am I so nervous, I wont even get any results I guess its just that next step closer to hearing whether I have the all clear or not. I honestly cant close this chapter of my life until I hear those words, I feel very in limbo at the moment, almost dream like, carrying on as normal with this big weight in the back of my mind.

Anyway PMA its all going to be alright so off to the gym now, I just know I'm so going to be in pain by the end of the week if not before but honestly I'm getting flabby bits on my flabby bits, dont do the plank, yikes!

T

2 comments: